Click here for the Daiichi Sankyo Video! Click here for the Bayer Video! Click here for the News 12 Coverage!
Inspiring, Motivating and Educating Students to pursue careers
in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math! (STEM)
Keeping America Competitive - Scientific innovation has produced roughly half of all U.S. economic growth in the last 50 years (NSF, 2004); and The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects significant growth in the overall STEM workforce. 17 of the 20 fastest-growing occupations over the coming decade will be in health care and computer fields.
BUT - only 5 percent of U.S. undergraduates today earn college degrees in science and engineering, compared to 42 percent in China. (The National Math and Science Initiative).
Students 2 Science brings STEM careers to life
for middle and high school students!
Our programs, centered at our commercial-grade Technology Center, focus on changing students’ attitudes toward pursuing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM); and improving student aptitude with STEM subject matter.
1. Conducting challenging experiments side-by-side with professional scientists in a real lab, using sophisticated laboratory instruments, creates a positive and memorable experience for students.
2. Removing the students from their normal routine and bringing them into a functioning laboratory work environment generates excitement and reduces the intimidation that often accompanies STEM-related learning.
3. Connecting students with successful technologists and entrepreneurs exposes them to the potential financial and social benefits of a career in a STEM-related field.
Our full-scale, commercial-grade laboratory in East Hanover New Jersey offers students the opportunity to work side by side with local scientists and use instruments like chromatographs and spectrophotometers for real-world experiments.
• reduce the intimidation factor of STEM related activities
• create exciting experiments to run in a real laboratory environment with sophisticated equipment not available in most schools
• provide an educational experience that will springboard students into additional scientific learning
• connect the students with motivated individuals who have successful and rewarding careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.