Inspiring, Motivating and Educating Students to pursue careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math! (STEM)
Keeping America Competitive - Scientific innovation has produced roughly half of all U.S. economic growth in the last 50 years (NSF, 2004); and The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects significant growth in the overall STEM workforce. 17 of the 20 fastest-growing occupations over the coming decade will be in health care and computer fields.
BUT - only 5 percent of U.S. undergraduates today earn college degrees in science and engineering, compared to 42 percent in China. (The National Math and Science Initiative).
Students 2 Science brings STEM careers to life
for middle and high school students!
Our programs, centered at our commercial-grade Technology Center, focus on changing students’ attitudes toward pursuing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM); and improving student aptitude with STEM subject matter.
1. Conducting challenging experiments side-by-side with professional scientists in a real lab, using sophisticated laboratory instruments, creates a positive and memorable experience for students.
2. Removing the students from their normal routine and bringing them into a functioning laboratory work environment generates excitement and reduces the intimidation that often accompanies STEM-related learning.
3. Connecting students with successful technologists and entrepreneurs exposes them to the potential financial and social benefits of a career in a STEM-related field.
Our full-scale, commercial-grade laboratory in East Hanover New Jersey offers students the opportunity to work side by side with local scientists and use instruments like chromatographs and spectrophotometers for real-world experiments.
• reduce the intimidation factor of STEM related activities
• create exciting experiments to run in a real laboratory environment with sophisticated equipment not available in most schools
• provide an educational experience that will springboard students into additional scientific learning
• connect the students with motivated individuals who have successful and rewarding careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.