As part of S2S’ offerings, teachers have access to a catalog of professional development (PD) opportunities. They may earn up to 6 hours of PD for each ISAAC session and further build their capacity to teach lab sciences. Teachers who participate in V-Lab may earn job-embedded PD and earn 1 hour of PD for each unique V-Lab experiment. Prior to each V-Lab session, teachers are provided with instructional resources, including lesson plans and “How-to Video” for every experiment, to increase teacher confidence in the subject matter and support their efforts to provide students with additional problem-and project-based learning. All content is aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards.
Next Generation Science Standards:
- Emphasis on hands-on activities and project-based learning
- Interaction with professionals from the private sector and exposure to workforce readiness skills
- Use of programs that are research- and evidence-based
- Employment of programs that are rigorous and consistent with college and career readiness
- Adherence to the goal of preparing students for success in the 21st century global economy
For more information about S2S Teacher Professional Development, please email: info@students2Science.org.