Students 2 Science, Inc. (S2S) is a 501(c)(3) model program in New Jersey that bridges the needs of the public and private sectors. Our mission is to inspire, motivate, and educate elementary, middle and high school students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM subjects).
We do so by providing an authentic, state-of- the-art laboratory experience complete with modern instrumentation and professional scientists. Teams of students, working collaboratively with scientific professionals who serve as role models, solve real life problems while being introduced to a wide variety of 21st century STEM career opportunities.
We need Instructors and Lab Assistants to work in our ISAAC (Improving Student Affinity and Aptitude for Careers in STEM) Program at our Technology Center in East Hanover. The commitment is a few days per month.
- Conducting laboratory experiments; sample preparation, lab instrumentation, testing, collection of data, interpretation and documentation of results
- Wet Chemistry; titrations, pH, ELSA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay), SDS-PAGE Electrophoresis, etc.
- HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
- ICP-OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectroscopy)
- Ultraviolet/Visible Spectroscopy
- Infrared Spectrophotometer
- GC (Gas Chromatography)
Retired and Scientist-in-Transition: For retired STEM professionals or scientists who are actively seeking new employment. Volunteering is a highly supportive activity, as it provides both emotional support and networking opportunities. College and Graduate Students: Students working towards a college or post-graduate degree in STEM offer insights into a specific field of science, connect with students through their personal experiences, encourage them to pursue higher education in STEM, and help us in contemporizing our experiments and programs. Teachers: STEM teachers can play a vital role in making our programs a success through their breadth of experience and perspective.