Student 2 Science programs offer teachers the following opportunities:
- The ISAAC program helps teachers build on their content knowledge, capacity to teach lab sciences, and understanding of diverse STEM career pathways.
- The V-Lab program supports development of STEM content knowledge and understanding of career pathways. Before each V-Lab, teachers also receive instructional resources including lesson plans and “How-to” videos for every experiment.
Benefits of Participation
- Increased confidence in the subject matter
- Experience with problem- and project-based learning
- Interaction with volunteers who bring diverse real-life perspectives
- Instructional resources that include copies of PowerPoints and video recordings
- Opportunity to share feedback to help improve program experience