Student 2 Science’s mission is to inspire and empower students from communities in need through experiential learning to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to foster a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
We will ensure that all students in the state of New Jersey will have access to STEM learning opportunities and career pathways.
- Expand our programs to impact 450,000 students annually.
- Operate 3-5 Technology Centers in target areas.
- Develop curriculum in alignment to the future workforce of the state.
- Provide opportunities for students to explore and define their STEM career and education pathways.
Since 2009, our hands-on STEM experiences, innovative programming, state-of-the-art Technology Centers, and direct interactions with professional scientists have had a profound impact on:
51% of Pre-K students in the United States, many of whom are Black and Latino, are from low-income families.
- To date, S2S programs have served over 206,000 students.
The majority of these students, about 28.7 million, reside in economically disadvantaged communities that lack access to critical resources including high-quality STEM education.
- S2S provides students with essential skills and mentoring to inspire them to pursue in-demand 21st century careers, which in turn can help lift entire communities out of poverty.
STEM-focused corporations account for 70% of all U.S. jobs, and are growing at a rate of 50% faster than the national average. Without initiatives from organizations like S2S, there could be as many as 3.5 million unfulfilled STEM jobs by 2025.
- S2S programs are helping prepare students to be part of a ready, diversified, and inclusive workforce that will fuel the needs of the economy.
- Developed a comprehensive, district-wide STEM solution for students in economically disadvantaged communities
- Engaged over 206,000 students in S2S programs
- Established two 10,000 sq. ft Technology Centers
- Created a formal partnership with Newark Public Schools, New Jersey’s largest school district
- Partnered with 25 New Jersey school districts as well as schools in Pennsylvania
- Interacted with over 2,200 teachers
- Involved more than 1,000 corporate and higher education volunteers
- Partnered with Boys & Girls Clubs in New Jersey and Pennsylvania for after school STEM programming